1. Open the admin page for your web site, generally by typing "/admin" at the end of your web site address.
2. Enter a username and password with administrative privileges.
3. Once logged in, you will see the Administrative home page.
4. Listed in the Management menu, click Categories.
5. The list of your current categories will show in the middle of the page.
6. Under the list of categories, click the add new button.
7. In the position field, enter a number to indicate what order you want the category to appear.
8. In the Category field, enter the name of the category.
9. In the Description field, enter general information about the category.
10. For the category to be viewable to visitors of your site, select enabled in the Availability drop-down menu.
11. In the META keywords field, enter words that people would use in a search to find the category.
12. In the META description field, enter a general description of the category.
13. You can also upload an image that would be viewable with the category name by clicking on the Change Icon button at the top of the category page, then locating the picture file, and clicking the apply button on the Image Selection pop-up window.
14. Click Save, to create the category.
15. Once, saved the category information you just entered will appear in a new window.
16. To return click the root level link a the top of this window as shown below.